IR Counter Monitoring
IR counters should be checked one to two times a month to ensure they are operating correctly and that the sensors are clear. Frequent checking of the IR Counters ensures uninterrupted and accurate data collection!
- Ensure sensor is working correctly.
- Clear any debris from the sensor scope using a Q-tip.
- Make sure devices are dry and the protective gray box is in tact.
- Report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
Calibrating Your Counter with Manual Counts
- The IR Counters are calibrated by comparing the sensor counts to manual counts conducted by volunteers.
- Each site should complete at least 10 hours of manual counts during the course of the year.
Training Materials and Resources:
- Watch this webinar about how to conduct manual counts
- Download the Manual Count Form
- View the Manual Count Instructions document
- TSC Progress Tracker- Manual Counts